This sour cream dip takes just minutes to prepare. It is a quick and easy recipe with bacon and green onions. We love to serve this with Seasoned Potato Wedges as a side dish, a snack or as an appetizer.
We have a running joke in our house that we are always out of sour cream. Until a few months ago I had no idea we used it so much. I assumed we had some since I recently bought a tub, but when I go to grab it—it is always gone. One reason must be because my kids love sour cream with quesadillas. When I mean love I mean they take a HUGE spoonful and drop it on their plate and they finish it. My 2 year old would grab it out of the fridge and ask for just that for lunch or a snack. Of course I never did give it to him, though I may have pretended to scoop some out when really I was scooping out yogurt—one of those mom tricks! So, needless to say, we recently put sour cream on our weekly grocery list alongside milk, bread and eggs.
Sour cream dip recipes can vary a lot but they are all easy. This sour cream dip recipe adds in cooked, crispy bacon pieces with slices of green onions and some garlic powder. It is a chunky dip so you need a thick vessel like a potato wedge to serve along side it. This is one of our go to game day recipes. You can feed a crowd for not much money, and the potatoes are filling.
Sour Cream Dip
Just a few tips:
- Freeze sliced green onions so you always have some on hand.
- Make this ahead of time but save out some bacon and green onions to garnish the top just before serving.
- This recipe makes enough for 6 servings. Make sure to double or more if you have a game day crowd.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 strips thick cut bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 Tablespoons minced chives
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Combine all ingredients. Keep cool until serving.
- Serve with Seasoned Potato Wedges.