Don’t forget a special Valentine’s Day Punch to go along with your Valentine’s Day meal. This red drink needs to be put together the night before to freeze. An hour before your special dinner thaw the frozen part and then combine it with soda.
Valentine’s Day Punch
The red color makes this a fun valentine’s day punch. It actually is a slushy punch. Part of the recipe is combined the night before and then frozen. The trick is to allow the frozen part to thaw just enough to make a slush when the soda is added to it. I fill 2 zip top bags for this recipe. I take mine out 30 minutes before the party or dinner and then add the chilled sprite just as my family or guests get ready to eat.
Just a few tips:
- I don’t enjoy washing dishes. For this recipe I eye ball half of the juice and half of the mixer poured directly into each zip top bag. I don’t get out a measuring cup for exact measurements. I do place the zip top bag in a bowl before I pour the liquid in because it is a tricky maneuver by yourself. It is easier with a friend helping.
- Laying the zip top bag flat in the freezer will help it freeze faster and thaw faster.
- It is important to chill the soda because a warm soda added to a cold slush will make the slush melt faster then you want it to.
- 1 (64 ounce) bottle cranberry black cherry juice
- 1 (32 ounce) bottle strawberry daquiri mixer
- 2 liters chilled sprite
- 2 (1 gallon) zip top bags
- In one zip top bag measure out approximately half the cranberry black cherry juice and half the strawberry daquiri mixer. Close the top and lay flat. Repeat with the other bag and the remaining juice and mixer.
- Place both gallon bags in the freezer laying flat overnight.
- About 30 minutes before serving remove the bags from the freezer to thaw. Just before serving place the frozen slush in a punch bowl and slowly add the chilled sprite.