One thing we love about the upcoming St. Patrick’s Day is rainbows. My kids also LOVE fruit! This Rainbow Fruit Parfait is going to be perfect for our St. Patrick’s Day dinner.
We just had our Valentine’s Day Dinner and I’m sure you can guess it was a lot of work, but my kids absolutely loved it! My oldest said she wished we could do dinners like this all the time. It seemed like it was a day long affair. We were preparing or talking about it or crafting something new for it. I was jumping from one child to the next helping them with their idea for the dinner. That is what made it special. They each had a contribution or two or three they were proud of and wanted to show off.
I anticipate our St. Patty’s Day dinner to be the same process. A lot of work and a lot of smiling happy faces! That really is the payoff for a parent. That is when you know it was worth it. I’m preparing a little and coming up with some easier ideas like the Lucky Clover Frame that are fun but quick.
Sometimes some of the best recipes are the simplest. I told you my kids love fruit. When we go to a certain grocery store my oldest wants to choose a new fruit to try. You know those $4.99 exotic fruits catch her eye the most. I do cringe at the price but think it would be fun to try it…if I know what to do with it!
This Rainbow Fruit Parfait is super simple. All you do is make your whipped cream, or buy the fun kind in the squirt bottle, cut up your favorite fruits of all different colors and you are basically done. If you have kids in your kitchen like me, then this is a great recipe for them to do alone or with whatever level of supervision they require.
- your favorite fruits of all colors
- small carton of whipping cream (1 cup)
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- Wash and cut the fruit into bite sized pieces. Set aside.
- Make your whipping cream. Make sure you put your bowl and beaters in the freezer for 15 minutes before you start. This will make the process faster. Combine 1 cup whipping cream with 2 TBSP sugar and mix with beaters until soft peaks form.
- Layer your fruit and whipping cream alternating colors to create a rainbow.
- Dig in and enjoy or if they need to sit for a little bit do so in the refrigerator.
It is just so pretty to look at with all those colors. This Rainbow Fruit Parfait is the perfect recipe for one of my younger Little Chefs for this upcoming St. Patrick’s Day.