We had a little help with the post today. Let’s just say it’s almost 11 weeks after Haley’s surgery and things are still not back to normal. It is pretty difficult staying on top of everything. The Thanksgiving holiday was super busy for us which was more then Haley could handle. As a result we are currently working through a set back. She is crying a lot again which is not fun for anyone in the house! It is too painful to go out of the house but because I am good friends with Amazon now can buy all my christmas and birthday gifts online.
This Bacon and Potato Chowder recipe is versatile. It can be cooked on the stove or prepped then transferred to the crockpot for later. The bacon can be switched out for ham. The potatoes can be switched out for any type of potato you have in your pantry.
Gather and prep your ingredients.
Slowly add broth and water. Bring to a boil.
The days have turned cold. This would be a perfect meal for those cold nights.
- 6 slices bacon, cut into small pieces
- diced onion
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 cups shredded potatoes or whatever you have (cubed potatoes, fresh shredded, rehydrated hashbrowns)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 can (14.5 oz) chicken broth...or more
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook bacon, drain grease.
- Add carrots and celery. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add onions, potatoes and flour.
- Slowly add broth and water. Bring to a boil.
- When the sauce thickens decrease heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes until potatoes are soft.
- Add milk. Cook 2-3 minutes.
- Serve warm.