Whenever I pass by the bakery we see the amazing danish pastries. They are flaky and crisp on the outside with a fruit filling. Guess what? Danish recipes are not that difficult when you use frozen puff pastry. When you need a quick and easy recipe to impress make these Raspberry Cream Cheese Turnovers.
Raspberry Cream Cheese Turnovers
Any dessert or recipe that doesn’t require a huge list of ingredients is a good thing. This raspberry cream cheese danish has 5 ingredients. If you are like me I don’t have puff pastry on my weekly shopping list, but it is easily found in the frozen section. To make these turnovers the egg is separated, then rest of the ingredients are added together and combined well. The mixture is spooned onto the puff pastry then formed into triangles and baked. This is a recipe that will impress your guests.
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup sugar, plus more for sprinkling
- ¼ cup raspberry jam
- 2 sheets puff pastry, thawed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper for easy clean up.
- In a small bowl stir the cream cheese until smooth.
- Add the egg yolk to the cream cheese. Add the egg whites to a separate small bowl.
- Add the sugar and raspberry jam to the cream cheese bowl and mix well.
- Lay one sheet of puff pastry on a flat surface. Cut into 9 squares.
- Spoon 1-2 teaspoons of the mixture in the middle of the square.
- Wet one half of the square with a small amount of water. Fold over one corner to the opposite corner to make a triangle and press to close.
- Transfer the triangles to the baking sheet. Brush with the egg white then sprinkle lightly with sugar.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm.
Need more easy dessert options? Click on the image to take you to the recipe!