My Little Chefs LOVE to camp and to also spend time with Grandma and Grandpa up at their cabin. There is nothing quite like the outdoors – playing (REAL playing – with rocks, sticks and A LOT of dirt), roasting marshmallows on the fire, taking hikes, spending quality time with friends and family!!
One of our favorite things to do while at the cabin and while camping is cook with our Dutch Ovens. What makes the food amazing is not only the taste, and the simplicity, but the experience in making the food. Grandpa gets everything set up and prepare the coals, as we sit and wait – we all get to play, talk and hang out with Grandpa. The Little Chefs help prepare the food in the Dutch Ovens with Grandma, while making a million memories as they go! Those times are priceless!!
One of our favorite desserts to make in the Dutch Oven is cobblers. One thing we love about this Dutch Oven Peach Cobbler recipe is that it calls for only a few ingredients, which is nice when you are camping! With Dutch Ovens a couple of tips:
- To get a 350 degree temperature to cook – take the size of the Dutch Oven, double the number, and use that many briquettes.
- To bake in a Dutch Oven – typically you place 1/3 of the briquettes on the lid, and 2/3 under the Dutch Oven.
- We also use the Disposable Foil Dutch Oven Liner for easy clean up!!
To make this super easy and delicious Dutch Oven Peach Cobbler – The Little Chefs dumped the peach pie filling in the bottom of the Dutch Oven and then sprinkled the cake mix on the top. (Do not stir!!!) Then they poured Sprite evenly over the cake mix, which is the Little Chefs favorite part – because it bubbles and fizzes!! Cover with the lid and cook until the top is browned. This might differ in time due to different outside temperatures and humidity.
This Dutch Oven Peach Cobbler recipe will sure be a favorite. The Little Chefs love the adventure camping, or at the cabin, cooking with our Dutch Oven!
Don’t forget to enter our current GIVEAWAY – Summer Fit Workbooks are the perfect workbook to keep our kids learning and having fun this summer!!
- 2 cans peach pie filling
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 1 can sprite
- Dump Pie filling in bottom of Dutch Oven.
- Sprinkle cake mix over the top.
- Pour Sprite evenly over the cake mix.
- Cover and cook until top is browned, about 40 minutes.