Love bug valentine crafts is a perfect Valentine’s Day gift for kids or for a family member. My kids love holidays! They love decorating the house and they love doing things for each other almost more then receiving presents themselves.
This love bug valentine crafts is cheap and easy. For the past couple of years Walmart has had the same heart chocolate boxes for $1. I love taking an inexpensive item and adding something to make it better or more personal. These valentines for kids will let my Little Chefs know they are my love bugs!
Love Bug Valentine Crafts
- black pipe cleaner, 5 inches long
- 1 large pom pom
- 1 box of chocolates
- 1 piece red construction paper
- 1 piece black construction paper
- small circle punch
- printable love bug template
- printable “You’re My Love Bug”
- Fold the black pipe cleaner in half. Curl each end twice to form the antennae.
- Using hot glue, glue the pom pom to the antennae. Set aside to dry.
- Using the template, assuming your chocolate is the same size as mine, cut the body out of red construction paper and the smaller two parts out of black. Cut circles out of the black or you may use a small circle cutter.
- Glue the black parts to the red body.
- Glue the body to the top of the chocolate package.
- Hot glue the love bug’s head to the body. Hot glue always seems to work the best with pom poms for me.
- Using the “You’re my love bug” printable cut out one leaving a couple inches on each side. Snip the ends to look like the ones in the picture. To create the 3D look accordian fold each side. Glue the two ends and attach it to the love bug.
Whomever you decide to give your chocolate love bug to will love it! Need more ideas? Here are more valentine craft ideas.