This hair ties valentine idea for kids (and adults) are cute, cheap and easy. Use the printable then add a DIY no crease hair tie. It is a great Valentine’s day idea for friends and family. Looking for a fun no candy option? This is it! Check out more easy crafts and Valentine’s Day ideas.
Hair Ties Valentine
Do you ever get tired of too much candy for each holiday? This valentine is useful and practical plus it gets your girls crafting. My kids love to give something they have created or helped make in some way. They are much more excited to share it because they have worked hard at it versus adding their name on a card.
These hair ties are cheap. Look for 5/8″ fold over elastic, it has a line down the middle. It is soft and stretchy which makes it perfect for ponytail holders. My daughters also like wearing them as bracelets. I ordered the camouflage and chevron elastic from Oriental Trading. Hint: They are on clearance right now for super cheap! I picked up a couple other types from Walmart in the crafting department. Joann, Michaels and Amazon are good places to look as well. Make it easy and have them shipped to your house. Being so busy I love the convenience.
- 5/8″ fold over elastic
- candle with flame
- Hair tie valentine printable
How To Make Hair Ties
- Cut each elastic in 9″ pieces.
- Seal by holding each end one at a time over a flame until it is slightly melted.
- Hold both cut ends and knot once.
How To Make Hair Ties Valentines
- Use hair ties valentine printable to print on white card stock.
- Cut along or just outside the rectangle lines.
- Slip two hair ties around the card. Adjust the ties larger or smaller if needed so the card lays flat.
- Sign your name on the front or the back.
These turned out so cute my girls want to keep a bunch for themselves! It will be hard giving them away but they will love seeing their friends and classmates wearing these hair ties. These would also be great for party favors. We might do something similar for 6th grade graduation gifts.
Here are some more cute Valentine’s Day ideas.